• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Brush not working

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply put, the brush just stops working. It doesn't matter if it's the brush or pencil, it will not wright. I'm in the right channel, nothing is selected, correct layer, reset tools, everything. The brush will work if I restart Photoshop, until it stops again. I'm not 100% sure what stops it from working. Latest time it stopped working after I drew a simple shape and copied it several times. Help would be appreciated, I'd rather not have to restart Photoshop every 5 minutes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what the problem is but try resetting all the Photoshop settings to default.

As soon as you click to start Photoshop, Press Ctrl Alt Shift (Command Option Shift) and then click OK to delete settings file.

This will set Photoshop to the default settings. If this doesn't work, then you at least know that it is not a setting that you accidentally enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting Photoshop on its own temporarily fixes the problem, but then it just happens again sometime later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Wacom tablet? This could be an issue with the driver of the tablet. Try to disconnect the tablet. If the issue is solved reinstall again the Wacom drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using a Wacom Cintiq. But neither the pen nor the mouse can draw a line when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines