Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessibility tagging problems with DC Pro 2017

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Acrobat Pro DC 2017 for Mac.

I am having two issues with accessibility tagging with DC. I have been tagging for years with older versions and am very experienced, so these are new issues we did not have in XI.

1) On any pre-tagged pdf (created with Word PDFMaker feature, or Acrobat auto-tagged pdfs), when I select content to background/artifact it, the gray boxes with the numbers (the read order) are not disappearing. The content is untagging in the tag tree, but the gray box is remaining. It is the same issue on all our Macs in our department.

2) When manually adding tags, we are only able to manually tag the first page of pdfs, but not the subsequent pages. This is a huge problem!

So far we stuck using our old version of Acrobat Pro XI, which does not have these issues. However, I work for a large corporation and our licensing department may not continue to allow us to use older software.

Any feedback is appreciated.

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

This is a reported problem: see Re: Why does tagging an Object as "Background" turns the Object into "Artifact" or "Sect"?

Thus it remains a pain to artifact the content you want. I'm on Windows 10, so this is a DC issue, not a Mac or an XI issue. In fact, when checking work done by teammates--they tagged with XI, and I'm checking with DC--I can (so far, anyway) artifact with the TURO without issue. 

A partial workaround suggested by C-student there is, instead of using the TURO Background button

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding that I did try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a reported problem: see Re: Why does tagging an Object as "Background" turns the Object into "Artifact" or "Sect"?

Thus it remains a pain to artifact the content you want. I'm on Windows 10, so this is a DC issue, not a Mac or an XI issue. In fact, when checking work done by teammates--they tagged with XI, and I'm checking with DC--I can (so far, anyway) artifact with the TURO without issue. 

A partial workaround suggested by C-student there is, instead of using the TURO Background button to artifact, select the contents in the Contents panel, right-click, and create the artifact there.

Another that sometimes works is to push the content you want artifact-ed up in the Contents panel into an artifact bin that Acrobat already created before you opened the file (in the conversion/auto-tag process).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This is the answer I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines