• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I export animation path + rotation data somehow?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to replicate some simple animations I've made in AE inside of an app that I'm building. The way I'm drawing the path in the app is that I specify the coordinate + rotation angle at each frame, and currently I have to copy and paste each value manually. It works for now, but will soon get old. Is there a simple way to export this data from an AE layer?

Thanks,

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

The answer turned out to be very simple. At first, I downloaded the Bodymovin plugin and deciphered the JSON file. That would have worked but needed some extra scripting on my side.

Then, we discovered that you could select all keyframes, copy, then paste into a text editor. The data just shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workflow I know that does animation from AE to apps uses Lottie and Bodymovin working together. See this page: Lottie – Airbnb Design  - Download links at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems like overkill. I literally just need a list of numbers (x and y coordinates, and angle). Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other thing I know of is pt_OpenSesame from AEscripts.com

You'd have to research it to see if it works for you (or just use the free trial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alank,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer turned out to be very simple. At first, I downloaded the Bodymovin plugin and deciphered the JSON file. That would have worked but needed some extra scripting on my side.

Then, we discovered that you could select all keyframes, copy, then paste into a text editor. The data just shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines