• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN ERROR!

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download my book (an acsm file) perfectly last week.
This week, trying to download 2 more and I get this error both times.
I have deauthorized, uninstalled and reinstalled (which is why no books show in my library any longer)
and I cannot download ANY acsm files without getting this same error.
It seems like I am not the only one having this issue today.
PLEASE HELP.
Thanks
Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 12.25.11 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error are a problem with the securty software and protektion of the eBook. Better you download the eBook with disabel securty software if you know if you have it from a right eBook site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is from a reputable eBook site.
I have the same settings / software as I had last week when it I could download the acsm file properly.
Nothing has changed, so not sure why I would need to disable security software now?
that doesn't make sense to me.

edited to add - all I have is a firewall, and I disabled it before downloading/installing -- and I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was solved by problem with error. Can you download other ACSM files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried to download an ebook from the Adobe ebook library - Sample eBook Library | Adobe Digital Editions
and I got the same error.
no .acsm files are working with Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal you get the error if the ACSM file was download not right or the contet block of securty software. Also try to download with other internet browser or other device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first got the error when I was using ADE on my iPhone (which is how I downloaded the first book - the one that worked)
When I repeatedly got the error - I switched over and tried to download and open the file with ADE on my MACBook.
Neither worked.

I've also tried with 3 different browsers.

Also -- I now have multiple instances of the "incomplete" ebooks in my ADE library - which, when I try to delete, will NOT delete and remain in the library.

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 2.01.45 AM.png

All of the  .acsm files are beingdownloaded from www.firsttoread.com so perhaps there is some kind of issue with the files on their end?
Last week, when I successfully downloaded the on ebook, it was from firsttoread.com as well. So it worked last week -  not working at all this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an issue with the Adobe Digital Editions app.  I was also having issues with downloading from first to read, though mine started today.  I tried using a different e-reader (Bluefire app) to download and it worked without a problem.  Delete the ADE app, as it is basically useless...had issues with it from the start, though this was the first time I couldn't access anything at all.

Adobe needs to get their act together. I contacted their technical support as directed by ADE's help documentation and was told they won't even talk to me because I'm not a "paying" subscriber to their products!  Bunch of bastards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines