• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make sure animations start and stop on the same frames?

Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am keyframing different effects for different artwork imported into AE. How can I easily make sure that the starting and ending keyframes all start and end at the same time? Is there someway to drag them and have them snap to the same frame as keyframes on other layers? How else should I do this?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Don't forget, you can press the grave key (looks like ` - also, it's on the same key as the tilde [which looks like ~] on most keyboards).

Anyway, press the grave/tilde key with your mouse over any panel in After Effects to make it fill your screen. Doing this with your mouse over the timeline panel can be very handy for this sort of thing. (Press it again to make the panel go back to where it was.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can hold Shift to snap keyframes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks snapping like that is what I wanted. I have multiple layers and if I expand all of them the timeline becomes too long vertically to see everything at a glance. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snapping is based on the visibility state of items, so no. Of course you can always find some "align keyframes" script that can do it in bulk. Check AEScripts.com. I vaguely remember seeing something like that there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget, you can press the grave key (looks like ` - also, it's on the same key as the tilde [which looks like ~] on most keyboards).

Anyway, press the grave/tilde key with your mouse over any panel in After Effects to make it fill your screen. Doing this with your mouse over the timeline panel can be very handy for this sort of thing. (Press it again to make the panel go back to where it was.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines