• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with puppet pin and face tracking.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding a dog mask on a person. I have done the face tracking and placed puppet pins on dog mask. But when I try to link tbe puppet pins to face trackers the dig mask pins shoot off the screen instead of where tracker is. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

You have to pre-compose the tracking to neutralize the coordinates and/ or the pther way around - apply the puppet before tracking the layer in teh parent comp. Simply limitations in how distortion effects and in particular Puppet work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to pre-compose the tracking to neutralize the coordinates and/ or the pther way around - apply the puppet before tracking the layer in teh parent comp. Simply limitations in how distortion effects and in particular Puppet work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did as you stated, but when I whip pick the Puppet Pins to the face tracker points the Puppet pins all go to one spot. The position numbers are exactly the same yet they are not connecting. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you pick whip the position of a null object or a small solid to the tracking points, do they follow it correctly?

If so, you just need to use some form of the toComp feature in the puppet pins expressions or precompose the mask layer (moving all attributes) and apply the puppet pins to the precomp.

Here's the thing, puppet pins' positions are relative to the layer itself. The face tracking data is the same. However, your two layers are likely very different sizes so the same position value on the main layer isn't going to be "the same" on the mask layer. So you need to make the coordinates the same. Thus the two options I gave (precomposing being the easiest).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines