Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys

Is there a way to duplicate a comp in ae including the essential graphics parameters?

so i can create a second comp within the same project with different values?

thank you for your support.

have a nice day

best regards

marc

p.s. sorry, not native, hope you understand me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

There is currently no way to have two master compositions in After Effects.

If you would like to see functionality added, you can file a feature request. Please be sure to explain in detail how the currently available workflow isn't suitable for you and explain more broadly what sort of functionality you would like to see added.

And I hope you have a nice evening as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you want to do that in After Effects rather than just bringing it into Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, we use it as a template in after effects, and usually we have to make 3 different versions of the same project

(3 languages in switzerland), the only workaround at the moment is to create 3 different ae-project files... that's why i am asking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, if you bring that project into Premiere, you can easily duplicate it and change the text to however many languages you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your effort and your idea, but that's not the workflow i am looking for

have a nice evening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently no way to have two master compositions in After Effects.

If you would like to see functionality added, you can file a feature request. Please be sure to explain in detail how the currently available workflow isn't suitable for you and explain more broadly what sort of functionality you would like to see added.

And I hope you have a nice evening as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

i filed a feature request, i hope they are going to implement that in a future release.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was looking for this same functionality-

I want to be able to quickly duplicate or migrate existing Essential Graphic settings from one comp in AE to another, without having to rebuild each essential graphic panel manually when I create new comp/.mogrt.  I could have swore I could do this months ago..  Is this possible in the current version?

The use is for creating separate assets  (unique .mogrts for onscreen text, lower thirds, other titles, etc), but using the same core animations from the same master comp, so drawing upon much of the same essential graphics controls. 

--- Adobe Creative Suite CC 2020 v 14.7.0 Build 23 Mac Pro, Late 2013 3.0GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5, 1TB PCIe-based Flash Storage 64GB 1866MHz DDR3 ECC - 2 x 16GB, Dual AMD FirePro D700 w/6GB GDDR5 VRAM each

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines