• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit PDF" bounding boxes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After use Adobe Pro DC create PDF form, in "Edit PDF" it will try to some text into a bounding boxes. I want to ask:

1. After create PDF bounding boxes text is messy, it always put different "Word" into same group, it's hard to maintenance or move the text.

2.I have try to split the work into different bounding boxes, but after reopen and edit PDF, it group different bounding boxes into one.

Such as attached screen, It group different text into one, it's difficult some text to different position

Edit PDF bounding boxes.png

[Moved out of the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific, support forum by a moderator]

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

The grouping that is applied by Acrobat when you try to edit text is not something you can control. Acrobat tries to group related text together. We don't know exactly how Acrobat decides what is related, this is all handled internally (and again, without any way to control it from the outside). Even though Acrobat provides some level of text editing, these features are best used for small edits (e.g. correct a typo, replace a word, ...), for anything on a larger scale it's always best to go bac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The grouping that is applied by Acrobat when you try to edit text is not something you can control. Acrobat tries to group related text together. We don't know exactly how Acrobat decides what is related, this is all handled internally (and again, without any way to control it from the outside). Even though Acrobat provides some level of text editing, these features are best used for small edits (e.g. correct a typo, replace a word, ...), for anything on a larger scale it's always best to go back to the original application that was used to create the document, which then got converted to PDF. Use InDesign, Word, Pages, ... or whatever application you've used to create the document in the first place. If you don't have access to the original file, then try to export the PDF file to e.g. a MS Word document, make your changes in Word and then convert back to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had some success with using Edit pdf, seeing the bounding box, and putting a bunch of blank lines in between the items I want to separate using the Enter key.  Then I switch to the Measure tool, make a measurement or two.  Delete the measurements.  Go back to Edit pdf, and the large spaces break the bounding box into two boxes.  

It's circuitous and a bit tedious, but if you don't have the original file and need to add spaces in a pdf, it works.  I often have to edit a couple of pages in a large, multi-page file, and this allows me to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines