• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge does not launch

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded Photoshop CS6 Extended and then its updates.  Photoshop opens OK, but Bridge indicates it is attempting to start - appears in Task Manager for 2 or 3 seconds as a background task and then disappears. I have attempted to run as Administrator and also tried to open it via Windows Compatibility option where it tells me that Bridge is not compatible with my PC's operating system.

My PC:

Windows 10 pro, 32 bit version

Processor:    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

The processor provides graphics capability, there is no graphics card installed, but Photoshop CS2 worked fine when it was installed on this PC.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue Resolved !

After using the Photoshop standard uninstall procedure followed by the Adobe CC cleaner* for CC and CS6, I did a reinstall of Photoshop CS6, but Bridge still did not open - although it took longer for the hour-glass to cut out.  Today found a patch** to update Bridge and unzipped it and installed. Double clicked on Bridge and it opened immediately.  This worked for me, and is worth trying, but of course it may not work for everyone.  Best of luck - this has been an issue for some time, but only for a small minority of users.

Gordon

*Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

**Adobe - Bridge : For Windows : Adobe Bridge CS6 5.0.1.1 Update (32-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines