Expand my Community achievements bar.

Integrating AOP with AEM

Level 1

Hi Team,

I was looking for the "Integrating  AOP with AEM",

I have a project for which an extra set of Loggers are required like getting the method execution time and name of the methods which are being called .

Is this possible ? If Possible please let me know the other ways to get loggers .

thanks,

Keerthi.

6 Replies

Level 10

Here is a community blog that will point you in the right direction: Integrating Spring AOP with AEM | TO THE NEW Blog

Level 1

Thanks for the reply Scott, I have followed the same steps but could able to achieve it.

I have commented in the same site couple of weeks ago but didn't get any reply.

After following the article I could resolve the dependencies and errors but the LoggerAspect.java(the interceptor not getting invoked) class is not getting called .

Could you please suggest me on this .

I have also followed couple of other methods like

ref : Idea Fountain: Demystifying AOP, Getting started with LTW (load time weaving)  - aop.xml is not getting invoked.

Thanks,

Keerthi.

Level 10

Well using Spring framework is not typically best practice.

I would recommend using logger available with Sling.

Apache Sling - Logging

Level 1

Yes sure Scott, i was thinking of doing with normal aspectj aop which doesn't require spring..

i need some data like method name , method execution time etc logged in the logs for maintenance purpose for this i'm thinking of aop.

Thanks,

Keerthi.

Level 9

Hi,

Implementing AOP should not be a problem. However, Simple Sling Request Filter & Response filter might be helpful. Not sure how much Sling could be useful to solve your problems.

Regards,

Jitendra

Level 1

Thanks for the reply Jitendra, i couldn't achieve it through Sling.

Can you please suggest me how can i Implement AOP with AEM, I have noted the references which i have followed.

Thanks,

Keerthi.