• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fail to open pdf documents with self-signed certificate in Android, IOS and Mac OS

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a big problem. I have several pdf documents signed with a self-signed certificate (created by me from Microsoft Internet Information Server).

I have installed my self-signed certificate in Windows 10 operating system and I can open those documents without problems. But when I try to open those documents in Android, IOS (iphone) or Mac OS, I always get the same error: "The file is possible to be damaged or format which Preview View does not be able to recognize" or something like that. I have installed the self-signed certificate in them as well.

I have tested with diferents certificates and pdf versions (when I convert it from a .docx file for example) and I always get the same result in Android, IOS and Mac OS.

What is the problem? What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,

Jarol

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jarol,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you have signed a pdf using self-signed certificate in Windows 10 and when opening the same pdf in Android, you are receiving error that the file is damaged and preview is unable to recognize the file, is that correct?

Please refer to the following links:

Digital Signature Not Showing Up in Saved PDF

Digital ID Signature Certificate on Android

Thank You,

Shivam

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jarol,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you have signed a pdf using self-signed certificate in Windows 10 and when opening the same pdf in Android, you are receiving error that the file is damaged and preview is unable to recognize the file, is that correct?

Please refer to the following links:

Digital Signature Not Showing Up in Saved PDF

Digital ID Signature Certificate on Android

Thank You,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines