• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Filled Forms

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fillable form that I have sent to a client, who filled it out and signed it. I am a Mac user, and when I preview the document by using the spacebar, it appears blank. When I open it in Acrobat Reader Pro, which is up-to-date, the text shows up but I can still edit it. Is there a way to (easily) save the filled PDF so that the information is locked?

I tried, for example, going to the print menu and having it make a new PDF that way, but Acrobat won't let me.

Would be grateful for any solutions!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

DO NOT OPEN PDF FILES IN APPLE'S PREVIEW APP!!! I hope this was clear enough Preview is the killer of PDF files (see here for more information about what happens with forms: Preview.app - Killer of PDF Files - KHKonsulting LLC )

If you only have Adobe Reader, then unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to make the file read-only. If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can flatten the document (which will remove all interactive features and turn them into static PDF content), or you can set the form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DO NOT OPEN PDF FILES IN APPLE'S PREVIEW APP!!! I hope this was clear enough Preview is the killer of PDF files (see here for more information about what happens with forms: Preview.app - Killer of PDF Files - KHKonsulting LLC )

If you only have Adobe Reader, then unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to make the file read-only. If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can flatten the document (which will remove all interactive features and turn them into static PDF content), or you can set the form fields to read-only, which would prevent somebody from modifying them.

Given my warning from above about Preview, you could use Preview to flatten the document by opening it in Preview and then "printing" to a PDF. This will potentially destroy "stuff" in the PDF file, so you may have to analyze the resulting file and see if you can live with the quality of that resulting PDF file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines