• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did Indesign CC 2017 Get Rid of Snippets?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having great difficultly with a large book that requires a lot of copy/paste of external text and lots of styling.  Every time I copy new text into it, InDesign crashes and corrupts the file.  Lucky I have have saved out earlier versions but I'm midway through my book and can't get the rest of the content in.

I want to try snippets instead of copy/paste, but when I select a paragraph of text to export as a snippet, it doesn't appear as an a file choice under the format drop down menu.  Did CC get rid of snippets or is it called something else now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

It's working for me (see below). You need to select (with the Selection tool) the page items you want to export as a snippet. Then choose File > Export > InDesign Snippet. You can't drag a selection with the Type tool to make a snippet.

InDesign CC019.png

However, you shouldn't be crashing. Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Or if it's just one file, the file could be corrupted. Try saving as IDML:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working for me (see below). You need to select (with the Selection tool) the page items you want to export as a snippet. Then choose File > Export > InDesign Snippet. You can't drag a selection with the Type tool to make a snippet.

InDesign CC019.png

However, you shouldn't be crashing. Try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Or if it's just one file, the file could be corrupted. Try saving as IDML:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine, but as you describe you should consider to use CC Libraries, where InDesign and Illustrator Snippets can be saved and reused again in different CC applications. (You will not be aware that these items are snippets.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kristen,

No, InDesign CC 2017 version does have the snippets available as suggested by Steve. Did you try restoring the preferences? Are you still not getting it?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines