• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Network Render on PC and Mac?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project which needs to be rendered out as quickly as possible and figured I would try network rendering. My machine with the project is a windows 10 PC and I have a Mac I want to use as a render node. I've tried following some online tutorials but when I try to set a watch folder on my Mac it says "You do not have read/write permission for this folder". I've set the permissions on windows to full control Authenticated users, then tried for everyone, no matter what the error still pops up. How do I give my Mac write access to the folder?

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Without any info about your network, server and user configuration nobody can tell you much, but generalyl speaking a Mac can't write to a Windows partition without some specific preparations. The users are not identical even if they seemingly have the same name and just setting permissions on Windows won't do much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your network, server and user configuration nobody can tell you much, but generalyl speaking a Mac can't write to a Windows partition without some specific preparations. The users are not identical even if they seemingly have the same name and just setting permissions on Windows won't do much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MassAwesomeOne,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines