Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggling between windows, Indesign freezes the entire computer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all:

In a bit of a pickle with InDesign - hoping a kind soul has an answer as all my college project finals are within this program.

Boot up InDesign, no issues. Can edit and manipulate everything perfectly. HOWEVER, if I toggle between ID and Google Chrome, when I come back to Indesign, the program freezes my entire computer. No spinning wheel of death, complete freeze until I manually shut it down. **This also happens after I apply edits, save the InDesign file, and exit the program. The program freezes as it shuts down.

Yes, reinstalled it.
No, no viruses that I know of... no shenanigans of downloading weird things.

Unsure what it is, but would love to fix it to edit these final projects!

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

If you have a Mac with an Intel GPU, turn off the GPU. In InDesign, this is in Preferences > GPU Performance. Uncheck GPU Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issue recently with my Macbook Pro. I wasn't sure if it was InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or all three being the culprit as I switch back and forth between the programs. I'm also not the only one having the issue recently as a couple of friends also asked the same question last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your entire computer freeze up or just the program? I am growing furious at Adobe because there is nothing I can do/look up that will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The entire computer freezes up and I have to manually shut down. It's been the past week or two that it has been happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Mac with an Intel GPU, turn off the GPU. In InDesign, this is in Preferences > GPU Performance. Uncheck GPU Performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, so far, so good.... You may be the hero we needed. Will update as I use it more tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

STEVE!!! you are my hero dude, was having a bad day, computer kept freezing and an angel named Steve Werner answered my prayers.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines