• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which blur effect and particles are this?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im just curious what blur effect and particle settings are used in this video Old xKito Music Audio Spectrum | Free After Effects Template - YouTube

Also about particle settings u dont have to give me precise settings just some hints and i will figure it out by experimenting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

The glowing effect can be achieved in dozens of ways. One of the easiest ways to do that is to duplicate the layer with the particles, add some significant blur to the top copy, change the blend mode to Add or Screen and then adjust to get the look you want.

Some particle systems allow custom sprites. You need to check out the manufacturers websites for good tutorials on how to use their systems. We can point you in the right direction only if we know details on your workflow and which particle

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to ask the creator. that said, it looks simple enough to figure out on one's own.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is that creator didn't post or do anything in 5 months or so so i doubt that he is checking his youtube channel messages and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Particles look like textured sprites.  Basically you would create a separate 100x100 comp of an animated leaf and apply it as the texture to sprite particles or by whatever means is available in the particle system you're using.   Then just adjust settings so it looks good....that's the easy part.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that was pretty helpful and i didn't knew that i can use texture as a particle Do you maybe know which blur effect is this because there are ton of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The glowing effect can be achieved in dozens of ways. One of the easiest ways to do that is to duplicate the layer with the particles, add some significant blur to the top copy, change the blend mode to Add or Screen and then adjust to get the look you want.

Some particle systems allow custom sprites. You need to check out the manufacturers websites for good tutorials on how to use their systems. We can point you in the right direction only if we know details on your workflow and which particle system you will be using.

For every visual effect you see there are many ways to achieve the same look. Most are a combination of a lot of effects and some seemingly simple compositing effects may have hundreds of layers in a single 4 or 5 second shot. There is no right way to do any one visual effect, there are just some that are easier and more efficient and some that render faster. It takes a long time to learn how to do things efficiently the first time. Make sure you use the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE to look up specific things like "Add Blend Mode" so you can quickly figure out how to monkey with the knobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for very detailed explanation, also i can use either particles that comes with ae or i have trapcode particular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines