• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Creations not visible in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get a drawing I made in Illustrator Draw on my iPad over to Illustrator CC on my laptop.  I'm not seeing any mobile creations tab in Illustrator like I see in pictures on the web.

Thanks

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

I had the same trouble and the only way to "fix it" was by installing an older version of illustrator, at least until Adobe fixes this thing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob.

Hmmm... A couple of questions:

* What version of Ai are you using? (To check that, open Illustrator, and from the Illustrator CC menu choose About Illustrator. The version number will be in the Splash screen that opens.

* Also, since it wasn't released everywhere, what country are you in?

Let me know so I can try to help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I am using 21.1.0 and it's in USA.

Thanks

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob.

So strange. A few more questions:

What exactly do you see on the Ai start-up screen?

Do you see your Mobile Creations here? Adobe Creative Cloud

What version of Draw are you using? (in the app Settings then About Draw)

Oh, also, is your CC subscription Enterprise or Individual?

Sorry for all the questions; just trying to figure out why you're not seeing it?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. I am up to date on both Illustrator and Adobe Draw on my iPad. In fact, this issue hasn't happened UNTIL the last update a few months ago.

My Mobile Creations are showing up in the online Adobe Creative Cloud. They just do not show up like they used to do in Illustrator. I do get the CC Library. Just not Mobile Creations.

My CC subscription is Individual.

This has significantly increased my workflow in what used to be a seamless system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can open it if I send it to Illustrator from the Adobe Draw app. This is an ok situation, but it is easier to manage workflow opening it through Illustrator rather than the Draw app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14BlackPoppies.

Strange that all of a sudden that feature disappeared but Send To is still working fine.

You're referring to Draw files, right? Not Comp? (I just want to make sure because you're referring to Draw but this is the Comp forum.) My Draw files show up in the Mobile Creations tab. My Comp files don't.

If you're referring to Draw, can you check a couple of things for me?

* I know you said it's the latest version but can you check your version of Ai? To check that, open Illustrator, and from the Illustrator CC menu choose About Illustrator. The version number will be in the Splash screen that opens.

* Also, make sure you're using v4.1.1.202 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App. To check that, click on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences.

* And finally, what version of Draw are you using? In the app, tap Settings, then About Draw; the version will be at the top of the screen that opens.)

Will you let me know what you find? It's unusual that it just suddenly disappeared for you.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running AI 21.1.0.

For Creative Cloud, I'm running v.4.1.1.202

For Draw, I am using V4.1.1

It's really, really bizarre. It just won't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14BlackPoppies.

One thing I didn't think to ask you yesterday: How long has it been since you signed out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App, restarted your computer, then signed back in to the Desktop App?

Even though most people have auto-updates, sometimes it takes a "restart" to get everything working together.

If you haven't done that already, can you give it a try?

Let me know what happens.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same trouble and the only way to "fix it" was by installing an older version of illustrator, at least until Adobe fixes this thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi users,

I just got out of a chat with Richa (super helpful and very happy) and the Mobile Creations feature isn't available in the latest version of Illustrator. Fortunately, you can have multiple versions installed.

If you're using Creative Cloud, open the CC app and navigate to Apps > Illustrator and on the blue button, click the drop-down arrow and select Other Versions. Download the 2015 version of Illustrator.

Thank the goddesses/gods!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tyvm for this- I'm having the issue where i can no longer "open in desktop" illustrator CC2018. it says sent but wont open like it used to. I was reading this and d-loaded the 2015 version so i could ALSO  see my mobile creation (super nice option right?) but when it tried to sync the mobile cc files it was a  no go- said "timed out - check internet " over and over even tho its fine- should that still work as of 2018?

AND I still couldnt send to desktop Illustrator CC

so yea two issues but really would just like to open in desktop illustrator from adobedraw

tyvm any help appreciated - I can even handle no longer supported so I can stop trying.

called in to support but they wouldnt answer questions regarding the draw app uploads...said it wasnt an illustrator problem, sent me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Spncr.

I've heard this quite a bit this week. I, honestly, am not sure what's going on; I'm trying to contact the Illustrator team now but it may be tomorrow before I can reach anyone. So, in the meantime, I have some questions and some things I'd like you to do/check:

* What mobile device are you using and what operating system are you on on the desktop?
* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

​* Is this something that's just begun happening? Was sending to Illustrator working previously? Do you remember when you last sent work to the desktop?

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* Will you try saving as a PDF? From that same menu choose Send to CC Files as PDF. There is a Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop. Check to see if that PDF ends up in it.

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Sounds like you are, but check to make sure you're using v22.0.1 of Illustrator CC  (check this by opening the app and choosing About Illustrator from the Illustrator CC file menu).

​* Also, since it has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using version v4.4.0.294 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (check that by clicking on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the three stacked dots next to the avatar, then Preferences).

* Finally, since it's super common for people to be signed in to the app with one login and the Creative Cloud Desktop App with another, make sure you're signed in to both Draw and desktop with the same login (Adobe ID and password). The best way to check that is to sign out of both Draw  (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then the field with your name, then Sign Out) and the CC Desktop App (tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart both your mobile device and laptop, then sign back in to both. (It's always a good idea before signing out of Draw to know that your work is synced to Creative Cloud.)

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thx sue!

Answers to your Q's :

iphone 7 IOS 11.2.5

High Sierra 10.13.3

illustrator CC2018 V 2.0.1

CCloud V 4.4.0.294

Last successful "send to Illustrator" Dec 12 2017 (no changes to firewall, account  etc since then)

ALL Adobe draw FILES are UNable to 'send to Illustrator'

Yes I am getting "sent" notification in Adobe Draw.

yes i can save adobe draw files to CCloud as .psd (didnt try pdf but psd worked-seems like the only option now to open in desktop ill)

Yes all of my mobile creations/ projects show up at the online web folder at the link you provided

yes i am signed in as same username (email addy) on both apps

restarted phone

thank u for the thorough reply though it seems like all is well with those items

will keep trying

tyvm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spncr.

Thank you for all of this information. It's super helpful. I'm really disheartened, though, to hear that you haven't been able to send work to the desktop since mid-December. Please, when something like this happens, contact me through the in-app feedback (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then Send Feedback) so you don't have to wait two months for a solution.

I think we may have zeroed in on the problem; there's ONE more test I'd like you to perform:

Sign in to https://assets2.adobe.com/files on the web

Then, from your desktop, drag a .jpg or .pdf or .png to the web browser (the screen should change color and you should see an Upload Files alert in the browser window).

Drop your file in there.

Then, go back to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your desktop machine and see if you see the file there.

Can you give that a try and let me know what happens.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx again Sue-

I did the drag and drop and it worked in the browser and i was notified of it on the deskstop- it was also in the Creative cloud folder on my Mac. one thing I did notice is that only one image of the 3 images I uploaded to CC yesterday showed up in the Illustrator 2018 list under 'CC Files' in the left side of the start window. I quit and restarted and the file I just dragged and dropped by your request didnt show up there either. just a n fyi.

thx again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

addendum sue-

I just tried to send from Draw to Pshop 2018 and it didnt work either BUT all the recent files that I test-uploaded to Creative cloud DID show up in the 'CC Files' list in pshop's start window so theres that! Illustrator may just take a bit to follow suit.

ALSO

Double checked firewall, and all incomings from CC are allowed AND box IS checked to 'allow incoming connections from built-in apps'

; )

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spncr.

Thanks for doing all this testing. It's really helpful.

A few things (you probably already know all of this but I just want to make sure we're both talking about the same thing):

* What will show up in CC Files for Ai is different than what will show up for Ps. I bet had you saved your Draw work as PDFs, they would have shown up in both apps.

* Recent Files is a little bit different. Generally those are files that have already been opened in the app.

* What you've made super clear is that none of your work is making it from the apps to the desktop applications. As soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going to ask the product teams about this.

* For now, until I have a solution for you, what it sounds like will work quite well for you is to use the Send to CC Files as PDF function in Draw. That will save your Draw art as a hi-res, scalable graphic, with the layers intact, that will very likely show up on Ai's starts screen under the CC Files tab.

I'll write as soon as I talk to someone so you at least know what's going on.

Thanks again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sue, You are awesome. thank you so much- it’s great to be on the same page with someone going through a process like this! thanks a million for your razor sharp analysis and perserverence! will stand by and thx for the cc files start info.

spncr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines