• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Break Apart Tool Doesn't Work!!

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe I'm sending you this email to get some assistance. I am trying to use the break apart tool for one of my figures so I may color in certain parts of it but everytime I try it either makes the whole object colored in or won't color it in at all. I have looked on several videos to try and fix this problem but nothing works. Can you please help me as soon as you can because this is making me really frustrated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum, not Adobe support

When you ask a question you need to provide some basic information

-Forum quick start https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-5601

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which version of the operating system?

Recent Mac AND Windows operating systems have been known to cause "odd" problems

Are you using a computer Administrator account with full read/write permission?

Exactly which program and version do you have that is causing problems?

What is the exact error message that you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'am using Animate CC and Mobile Device Packaging (2017) free trial.

Using a Windows computer, I believe I am not using the full read/write computer administration.

and I not see any error message when this is happening. Usin the magic wand and lasso tool also do not fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe what you are trying to do, the steps that you're doing, and say which step doesn't work?

Also, if you right-click on Animate in Windows you can select Run as Administrator, just to make sure that's not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay What I'm trying to do is create a face that smiling with his mouth open. to do this I am using the pen tool while having the object drawing tool on. Once I finished the drawing I then use the break apart tool so that I am able to color in the parts of the face that I want. I am trying to colored in the mouth of the face specifically only the tongue. Unfortunately when I try to do so it will color in the whole mouth and the rest of the face. I have tried to use the magic tool and the lasso but I get the same results as well as drawing with the object tool off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach a screenshot of this... "face".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20170716_211412_5[1].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remade your face and can get the whole face colored in if I don't break apart. If I break apart I can fill in each area.

Did you Select All before doing the break apart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you are doing here, something about your drawing technique is... unique.

I was able to draw your face in about 3 second using the oval tool and the line tool, no breaking apart, no object drawing and could colour it just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was odd too to use the pen tool, but in my reconstruction I did use the pen tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you show me how you did ten please? like step by step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that when you try to fill, the lines are not closed so it fills in the whole mouth instead of just the tongue because of the way you're drawing which is harder than simply using the Oval tool.

Grab the paint bucket and change the option below it which appears when you select the bucket, to "Close Small Gaps" and see if it works. If not up it to Close Medium Gaps and so on until it fills.

Screenshot 2017-07-18 14.46.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a chance that he mean Adobe Animate or Flash Pro. I'll answer the question and if I was right I'll move the topic over there afterwards.

The break apart tool converts a bitmap into an image filled shape. Clicking on it with the select tool will select the whole thing. But, if you click and hold on the Lasso tool you'll see there's a Magic Wand. Use that and click on an area of your image, and it should just pick up the area with the same color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be you accidentally turned it into an IK shape

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just responded to a post from two years ago. I'm pretty sure the original poster has figured it out by now. How did you even find this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2020 now and I still 'found' it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines