• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2017 not detecting GPU. (Radeon NITRO R9 390)

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title. In my preferences my GPU doesn't show up as detected and it's having an impact on the app performance. Proof:

https://i.gyazo.com/d802b661b2530f14ff4b1e95746a0254.png

My drivers are up to date and the GPU should work considering it was launched in 2015. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times, cleared out my cache, tried multiple versions of my GPU drivers, none of those seem to have helped.

I'm running on an Intel i5 2500K, with the CC 2017 version of Photoshop as provided by the Creative Cloud art bundle.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Have a look at c:\amd. There should by some *setup.exe or *install.exe in that directory structure, which should install Catalyst Control Center.

Once you open Catalyst Control Center then you'll be able to find the 3D program list, where you can add Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi snippythedeliveryfox,

May I know which operating system are you using?

Try going into the AMD control panel and add Photoshop in the 3D program list the launch photoshop and check if it is detecting the GPU.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm operating on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find an AMD control panel, let alone any 3D program list.

The closest thing I can find is my AMD Radeon Settings tool that doesn't appear to have anything like that.

https://i.gyazo.com/5c4408c32ca3806e2d2e0a7ddc9d820a.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at c:\amd. There should by some *setup.exe or *install.exe in that directory structure, which should install Catalyst Control Center.

Once you open Catalyst Control Center then you'll be able to find the 3D program list, where you can add Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Snippy, sorry to borrow your thread but i'm kinda facing the same issue, though my card's from 2012 and it's an AMD HD 7800 series.

i've installed the Catalyst Control Center, went to Gaming > Add app, and added Photoshop (didn't see any other tabs for 3D).

but my CC 2017 is still unable to detect my GPU. how did you manage to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When most posters get their answer, it's unlikely they will return. Snippy last logged in March 28th. That's why it's it's better in the future to post your own topic instead of adding to one that is already marked "correct."

In any case, I'll see what I can add:

Go to the "switchable graphics setting" and see if selecting "High Performance" helps. This forces Photoshop to access your AMD card. You may also have to add sniffer.exe to the list if it isn't there. That should reside in your Photoshop folder. Be sure to save the settings and restart your PC to make sure the settings take effect.

Screen Shot 2017-07-09 at 11.40.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gener7. sorry i'm a noob here.

i'm just seeing this on my CCC and not what your screenshot shows. i've just added photoshop to the list here too.

additionally here's my card information. is it a photoshop issue or is my card outdated? can't be the latter since it's a series in the list of supported cards last i checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread for some ideas Photoshop CC uses integrated graphics instead of discrete GPU | Photoshop Family Customer Community and contact AMD support or forums for information on configuring your card under their CCC software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines