• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can this Macbook runs Lightroom

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to buy a Macbook Pro Early 2011 to use Lightroom, but, can this Macbook run it?

His specs:

MacOS Sierra

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB.

Thanks for your help    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

I think that's true. My Mid 2011 MacBook Pro runs Lightroom just fine, but since both its discrete GPU and integrated graphics only have 512MB graphics RAM, Lightroom doesn't use graphics acceleration.

I would strongly advise And1MCA to buy a RAM upgrade to bring that MacBook Pro up to at least 8GB, preferably 16GB RAM. The current 4GB RAM will probably result in many applications, including Lightroom, to run slowly due to lack of RAM. Upgrading the internal hard drive to an SSD is also highly re

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the system requirements for Lr6.  The processor is kind of slow and 4GB of ram in marginal but it should run.  Download the 7 day trial and try just the development module, mainly the local adjustment brushes and spot tools on a larger RAW files.  You could download some 36 megapixel raws from Nikon, Canon or Sony cameras from various sites.

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.02.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OPs specs show 384 MB video memory. If that is correct, it somewhat short of the 1GB requirement.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Graphics Memory specs are ONLY for when you tell Lightroom to use the GPU in preferences.  It doesn't apply to the Intel 3000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's true. My Mid 2011 MacBook Pro runs Lightroom just fine, but since both its discrete GPU and integrated graphics only have 512MB graphics RAM, Lightroom doesn't use graphics acceleration.

I would strongly advise And1MCA to buy a RAM upgrade to bring that MacBook Pro up to at least 8GB, preferably 16GB RAM. The current 4GB RAM will probably result in many applications, including Lightroom, to run slowly due to lack of RAM. Upgrading the internal hard drive to an SSD is also highly recommended. Both will be critical upgrades to get it to run Lightroom as smoothly as it can, since it's an older Mac and the CPU and graphics cannot be upgraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines