Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Identifiable Asset Issues, but Muse insists there are

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated on Muse this morning and now it is insisting there are issues with the assets when I go to upload the site to Business Catalyst. I have checked the files individually and on the assets panel. There are no missing assets, yet Muse is stating there is!!!

There is even an announcement that comes up saying that "some files on the server may be missing..." but there are no missing assets!

PLEASE HELP!

MUSE.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017
  • this is a known bug (in all Muse versions + any host)... its not just you

you can ignore it but I tend to track down what image it is by making a copy of my site and removing pages until I find the image casuing the issue... then you delete it or just relink to it (yes the exact same image) and that clears the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried those, but I will contact Preranand see if he can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use graphic styles? The asset may be buried within a style – eventually for a single object state.

What I would do:

Delete 3rd party widgets and control the output via "Export as HTML".

Delete groups of images to narrow down the responsible element/s.

Or duplicate the document and collect all assets by using the "Collect" command. In this case, all assets were relinked to the collected ones. Then check, what happens wenn you export the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still saying there are problems. I am completely lost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try, what I suggested?

If yes: Delete all pages, images, assets, which work without problems. Save this .muse document into a new file, collect the remaining assets, using the „Collect“ command (icon bottom left of the „Assets“ panel), zip these files (.muse, assets), upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and give us the link. You may give me the link via personal message, if you don’t want other users to see your data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Günther,

Yes, I tried everything except Export as HTML as the site is not ready yet to go live. I want to upload it to Business Catalyst so it can be checked by editors and friends.

I would very much appreciate you checking it for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got your files.

No alert, no missing files. All works fine!

When did you get the alert? When opening the .muse file, when exporting? After export?

As I already said: No problems here with your files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How bizarre!

It came up when I was publishing it to business catalyst.

It still is when I try it now...

Do you think I should just ignore it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think so.

But could you please answer my questions precisely:

You got the alert not, when opening the file in Muse. You got i,t when publishing. Before ore after publishing? Or is it eventually an alert, which is shown when you open you website in browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Günter,

The alert only comes up after I go to FILE > PUBLISH TO BUSINESS CATALYST

Otherwise, everything seems okay. Since I took your earlier advice I no longer receive the warning when I open the website in my browser.

MUSE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • this is a known bug (in all Muse versions + any host)... its not just you

you can ignore it but I tend to track down what image it is by making a copy of my site and removing pages until I find the image casuing the issue... then you delete it or just relink to it (yes the exact same image) and that clears the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd ignore it. This happend here sometimes with some of my own files, and went away quite magically!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Günter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines