"Unable to obtain dynamic link server connections" 3d camera tracker

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 5.30.58 PM.png

Running AE 2017.2 (14.2.1.34)

When adding the camera tracker to footage it seems to be analyzing the footage for a few minutes then stops and returns the following error: Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 5.39.40 PM.png

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling using the cleaner tool, browsed countless forum's and still can't seem to get it working. It just randomly stopped working one day. Any ideas?

Thanks

James

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of footage are you using it on?

You can try transcoding it to ProRes, Cineform, or DNxHD and then try using the new footage in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have tried it on all different types of footage/codecs and it still won't track any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's just odd.

Try an older version (like CC 2014) and see if it behaves. If so, great! You can carry on working in the older version or simply save your project and open it in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamesl,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have still not been able to figure it out. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it in CC 2014 as I suggested? (Your CC subscription includes older versions including CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, and CC 2015.3 - all of which can be installed simultaneously alongside each other with no issues.) Here's a page on downloading older versions (the option is not where it looks like it should be).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not. While that may work for the short term, it is definitely not a long term solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, but it can be a useful troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there jamesl,

At this point, I would contact Adobe Customer Care (ask for the video queue): Contact Customer Care

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, the adobe support just helped me solve this. Rename the folders of the preferences in Library/Preferences/Adobe to "_old" or move them so after effects has to write them again.

These are the folders in the lib/prefs that tech support renamed:

DyanmicLinkMediaServer

dynamiclinkmanager

dynamiclinkmediaserver

After Effects

Same goes for the folder in user/Documents/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver - add an old or whatever you want to that folder name and it resets with the next start of after effects.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is driving me nuts. I found the second part and renamed it but am trying to find the files in the first step you mentioned?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made sure your version of AE is up to date? Lots of recent bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Thanks for the update, but can't find those folders under Library/preferences.. Not even the adobe folder is there.

I'm having the same issue! Trying to use warp stabilizer on a jpg timelaps sequence, but after a couple of minutes I get the error message "unable to obtain dynamiclink server connection." Also, rendering out (exporting) in with media encounter does not work.
Media encounter opens, but the queue list is and remains empty!

These problems startet after updating all the lates adobe products to the 2019 version. It's all up to date. Premier, after ffects, media encounter, photoshop, lightroom, you name it.

I have tried restarting the mac many times, also unistalled after effects and used the CC cleaner tool.

Can anyone please look into this? It's so annoying!!

Cheers,

Bjørn Christer Lemcke

Erros message:

My Specs:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BjornChristerL,

Try uninstalling with Adobe Cleaner and reinstalling. That has helped others.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just wrote that I have used the CC cleaner tool and uninstalled several times. Also uninstalled, used the tool and the reinstalled. Never in 3 years had this problem before.

Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Uninstalled the AE CC 2019 and reinstalled the AE CC 2017. Problem solved for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue over here... Tried uninstalling through the CC application, deleted the preferences using Shift+CMD+Option, manually deleted some folders as suggested in another topic, and finally deleted AE with the Adobe Cleaner app. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalled AE CC18 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Iskandar!

Good to know that 2018 works fine. I assume it would for me too, but to downgrade is not really an acceptable solution for me. I would like to use alle the 2019 features in both Premiere pro, photoshop and aftereffects. If AE only works in 2018 version, then I have to downgrade all the other apps too.. Not a good solution.

I hope adobe recognizes the bug and fixes it in the next update. This is not good and has ruined this months productivity.

Bjørn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I totally agree, Bjørn! Just happy to have found a solution for now the short term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a new project, reimporting the file into this clean project, and then running the camera tracker again? Does it work in the clean project?

Also, is the project you were originally working in a dynamic link project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded cc14 and it works great! My only question is can you not “ extrude” the text? I don’t see any Geometry options like in 18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget that question....just had to change to ray trace, which stopped working for me in 18. I had to change to 4d in 18 to make it work....anyway all is good for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION! (for me at least) I just created a new project, imported footage and it tracks now. Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines