• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slider settings on Lightroom Develop module filters persist

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding that when I am in the Develop module and chose the brush or radial filter or graduated filter, the panel comes open below with my sliders set at levels other than zero.  That is true even for photos I am editing for the first time.  I had expected the settings to be zeroed, but they are not.  I  to go through and reset them one by one for the chosen filter to zero every time.  There is clearly a way to zero them to get rid of the settings and an answer as to how they got set to their (seemingly random) levels in the first place.  No doubt my ignorance is to blame, yet fixes would be welcomed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

This applies to Brush, Gradient Filter and Radial Filter-

Double-click on the word [Effect], Close the Tool.  Now the Tool sliders will be reset to zero.

There are now two situations that will change the slider defaults (Example for Brush)-

a) If you open the brush (sliders at zero) and brush an area (maybe with the overlay visible )  then AFTER painting- change the sliders, exit the brush, the sliders will be zero when next used.

b) If you open the brush and set the sliders BEFORE brushing, then b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems t default to the last setting you used before starting to brush the last time you brushed. This behavior annoys me too but is probably intended to be this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This applies to Brush, Gradient Filter and Radial Filter-

Double-click on the word [Effect], Close the Tool.  Now the Tool sliders will be reset to zero.

There are now two situations that will change the slider defaults (Example for Brush)-

a) If you open the brush (sliders at zero) and brush an area (maybe with the overlay visible )  then AFTER painting- change the sliders, exit the brush, the sliders will be zero when next used.

b) If you open the brush and set the sliders BEFORE brushing, then brush on the image, exit the brush, then the sliders will remain at the last used setting when next used. 

I think many would just double-click [effect] each time the Tool is activated.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks wobertc

After all this time of using Lightroom I never took the effort to figure out when the brush setting "are/are not" saved and just reset them most of the time.  Your explanation was nice and concise and easy to understand!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines