Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign - PNG displaying almost properly

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I've tried to find a solution to my problem, unfortunately, mine seems a little bit different from what I could find on the forum.

I'm trying to place transparent images in my ID file (both png and PSD formats) and background behind the file seems off. It can barely be seen but it's there. I can see it when exporting to print.

I've tried two different options when importing the file: "Use Photoshop layer visibility" & "Keep layer visibility overrides". The effect is the same.

Can I please ask for your advice?

I'm attaching two files (original on the left side), one has changes contract so you can see that the problem is there.

The background behind the signature is off.

test2.jpgtest_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Effects panel, you could try changing the blend mode of the PNG from Normal to Darken or Multiply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I please ask for your advice?

When the art is black & white like a signature, you don't need to use transparency. Here, on the right, I've saved your art as a 1-bit (Bitmap mode)  .psd with the .psd's frame set to no fill. In this case there would be no transparency on the page.

You can also save as Grayscale and use Multiply if the image needs to be over multiple color fills (center). Or, with the image set to black and the frame set to the desired background color (left).

If the destination is a printing press, all of these options would be better than .PNG because PNG has to be RGB and will output as a 4-color mix.

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 3.59.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you everyone for your help, I was able to resolve the problem earlier by converting artwork to a vector graphic. I did try to use the instructions from Bob post, it didn't work for me unfortunately,

Thank you for your comments, I've learned new things thanks to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines