Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

anchor point and bounding box no longer show up in AE

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated after effects (2017.2 release - 14.2.1.34) and I'm noticing that I no longer see the anchor point and bounding box in the layers, the mask and shape toggle are active and responsive as i can see the masks but I can't see the anchor point or the bounding points of any layer. it briefly comes up when I press Y and drag around in the comp but I can't change it's position. The only way I can change the position of the anchor point is by double clicking on the layer to open it and there the anchor point shows up like usual, but in the comp view the anchor and bounding box no longer show. Is there a setting that changes??

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

GOT YA! check the handles on in the composition panel's view options

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a setting that changes??

no. show us your full Ae interface and if you can, video capture of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

see video of how the anchor point and ounding points are not showing, only for a sporadic moment when I press Y and drag the layer on the screen, only for it to go away before I can select it.

link VIDEO reference

please take a look and let me know. thank you so much,

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, i just noticed that it seems to be project-based as my other projects and new projects do not show this behavior. Seems like it might be a setting within the project then?

If so, did I press something? is there a way to revert it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. can't see what can cause this since project settings won't control these type of things. you can access the project settings by going to file->project settings. can you strip down all the assets from the project and create a fresh comp with a solid and see if that still persists? if it does can you upload the project so I may test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried making a new comp in this project threw in a solid and still no anchor point. I tried opening a new project to import the comps from the old but it didn't work as now all my new projects are coming up with the same issue, even though last night when I tried making a new project it had worked.

here is the link for the project in question but now all my new projects have the same issue

thank you for looking into this,

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOT YA! check the handles on in the composition panel's view options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solved!! you are the best!! thank you so much!

I'm not sure how those settings got disable but putting them back on worked. thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I figured view options was the case before but wasn't really sure this is the behavior. next time a user won't have to upload 1 GB of project for me to spot it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hurray! thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I just ran into the same problem and fixed it under 30 seconds with this comment and answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, go to view and check the Show Layer Controls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This saved my skin honestly. I'm trying to knock out my final project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this just happened to me this evening and caused me to lose like an hour of time trying to solve this issue. the handles in view options turned off after I updated my AE to the last version today. I turned them back on and now I can see the anchor points and bounding boxes again. phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines