Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating changes to picture from Mac to PC, while photos are shared on NAS

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I made a mistake when I started LR. I have put all my pictures on a NAS, which is not a mistake per se, but I have catalog for these on my PC and a catalog on my MAC.

Now here is the mistake, I made a lot of changes to photos via my MAC, which are in the Library on my MAC, but this doesn't scale for me, so I want to use my PC to do the changes in future and only move new catalogs, which I create on my MAC on the run to my PC.

So here the questions:

How can I migrate the existing changes to photos on my mac library to the PC? I tried a lot of copying, exporting, importing etc. I think the main problem is that the volume drives are not the same so, the PC when he wants to "merge", doesn't find the related photos.

Is there something else I could do, besides finding all the changed photos, make a catalog, moving those pictures from my NAS and then import this to my PC? That would be a lot of work. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Most of what you need is here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

The other thing you need to know is that you should make your life simple and from now on use one cataog (not multiple catalogs).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of what you need is here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

The other thing you need to know is that you should make your life simple and from now on use one cataog (not multiple catalogs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines