• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Video Export -- Tried Every Widget, Embed, Everything

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exhausted the forum attempts here and at Muse Themes.  I have tried all of Muse Themes widgets, 3 other widgets by others, html embedded code with the proper syntax.

My screen is white each time.  I am using mp4 and webm formats.  It is nothing crazy at 1 mb.  

I was working with a fluid page, so I tried a new document (small) and tried it all again.  I am now thinking that maybe Muse needs a reinstall?

Can't put my finger on this one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let´s try to star with a screenshot or, even better, a small, only one page .muse with only this issue.

Share it via dropbox or CC or wetransfer. So we could have look.

From guessing, do you have maybe another layer above the video which hides it?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a top-most layer and assigned a video widget with the mp4 and webm links.  I tried again and met with the same problem.  I also tried exporting the html to my desktop to use that as a playback test.   I did this twice and had no error -- but there was also no html export.  So, another weird sign — that maybe i should uninstall and reinstall??  (would that include finding and installing my widgets all over?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The page is in infant stages of build - excuse the sloppiness - but you'll get the idea.  Here's a Dropbox link:    Dropbox - fairytaledental dotcom.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ime a blank white page = you used a non-standard codex to make this mp4 and your browser can't play it because the codex is local system only

but I agree without the .muse file for testing its just a guess in the dark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here was the process for the video:   created uncompressed mov file from After Effects.  used Handbrake to compress to a web-optimized mp4.  created the webm file using ANYmp4Converter.

If I used an uncompressed mov file with Muse, would Muse take that and apply the compression / codec to the degree we could take the question of codec out of play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

send the file up to vimeo and point muse to that file with whatever widget you want to use... vimeo will auto unpack | repack the file to fix any cofec issue.

if Muse plays the video now then you know what the problem was and can leep using vimeo to host your file or take it back down and use a different way to make your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting with a new file, i brought in the widget and linked the mp4 and the webm video.  All I got from Preview Page in browser was a 10 px deep video.  I exported the html and it played.  I put it in Vimeo and linked that way -- all good.  So that was helpful.

I need to disable player controls and enable autoplay.  Pretty sure I could look that up and embed the html code.  But what a complete hassle. There were tests I ran that with a responsive page it did not work and fixed it did.  I told Muse Themes it rendered the template unusable and especially with the the typeset errors I was getting on export.

"If you want something done right, do it yourself." Thanks, Ussnorway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines