• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving CTI by pressing CTRL + arrow creates new keyframes

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced a really odd issue that I've never come along. When I'm scrubbing through timeline using a mouse, everything is working properly. Unless I move the time indicator by pressing key combination CTRL + arrow right or left. Every movement using this key combination adds a keyframe, but only when a specific property with "Time-vary stopwatch" is selected. If deselected, moving through time is working perfectly.Capture3.png
Probably it's a trivial problem, but I can't solve it. (and I need to say that I'm a newbie to this software) I couldn't find any solution on the Internet or on the Adobe Forums, so I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Tech info:

Version: Adobe After Effects CC (2017) 14.2.1.34

PC: Intel Core i5-2400; 8GB RAM; Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

I suspect it's either a software hijacking the keyboard strokes or a hardware malfunction. PgUp and PgDn are superior shortcut because it's only one key. you only need the Ctrl+right or left if you don't have these function keys like with some laptops or Mac keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weird. could be a hardware issue like a keyboard thing or something of the sort. how about using the PgUp/PgDn keys for moving between frame? does it create keyframes then as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you are probably right. PgUp/PgDn are working without any problems. And that got me thinking, is Synergy Pro (Symless) that I'm running causing the problem? No, at least what I think because I shut down Synergy and even stopped Synergy Service in Windows Task Manager and restarted After Effects. Unfortunately, nothing happens. I have no idea what can cause this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's either a software hijacking the keyboard strokes or a hardware malfunction. PgUp and PgDn are superior shortcut because it's only one key. you only need the Ctrl+right or left if you don't have these function keys like with some laptops or Mac keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. So my solution will be just using these PgDn/PgUp keys instead of the 'ctrl+arrow' combination. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do the values change when you use Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + right or left arrow? I cannot reproduce this problem using the settings in your screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines