• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to register LR5 - serial # invalid only on new computer

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent hours on chat with Adobe support and have yet to get the issue resolved. The last rep directed me to the forums, so here I go giving this a try since I can't seem to find a solution that works, even on the forums.

I own LR5 (purchased from Best Buy in 2014) and have it activated on my iMac - this was the full version, not an upgrade. Before today, it was also activated on a PC Laptop. So, no issues before now. However, I just purchased a new MacBook yesterday and am trying to activate LR on the new computer. I signed out and uninstalled it on the PC. Once I finally got LR5 installed on the MacBook, I was getting the following error: "The serial number you entered is invalid. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support." I've uninstalled LR (downloaded from the Adobe site) at least 10 times and reinstalled it. I've cleaned up all the files, as instructed by support and have entered the serial # both manually and as a copy/paste at least 50 times in the last 2 days to no avail.

The weird thing is that I reinstalled this on the PC to test after hours of frustration, entered the same exact serial # and it activated on the PC. I re-entered the serial # on my current Mac and it checked out okay as well, so it's isolated to the MacBook for some reason (and storage doesn't seem to be an issue either). I was able to successfully install Photoshop CS6 after all these issues and it activated with no issues (thanks to the forums, I finally got that to install since the new OS meant I had to manually install), so it's just LR giving me a headache. Any help will be appreciated since I've done all I can do at this point and support is of no use.

Some specs:

Lightroom Version: 5.7.1

Screenshot of error below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screenshot. If you tried to post the screenshot from your phone, that's why. Screenshots must be posted using the computer, and from the forum website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it showed up on my end (not using a phone) when I submitted, so not sure why it disappeared once approved. I've included it below again.

LR5-error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to research this online, but haven't found a definitive answer. Was LR 5 able to be installed on both PC and MAC?  Perhaps the OP has a PC/Win license # that won't work on a MAC version.

OP: check the license code to see if it is for both PC and MAC.

This may be a bad guess, I checked my products at adobe.com and all my LR versions going way back say "multiple" on the platform. I was probably thinking about the PS restriction to one platform prior to CC.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was installed on both a PC and Mac at the same time before I uninstalled it from the PC after purchasing the MacBook last week. So yes, it's both a PC/Mac version and worked on both computers with no issues whatsoever. I even installed it back on the PC after all the MacBook issues with the software and was able to register it right away again as a test (I signed out and uninstalled it again). I use it nearly every day on my iMac with the same license. It's just an issue with the MacBook for some reason. According to Adobe, it can be installed on as many computers as I want since it's LR and there is no 2 computer limit to the serial #. I had no issues getting my CS6 setup on the MacBook, just LR that's being a pain and it's the one Adobe program I use more than anything, so it's key to get it up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines