• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hijacking of computer by Lightroom Mobile

Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something that has just started, but my computer is being LOCKED up by requests to join Lightroom Mobile. I do not use a mobile phone

and have no use for Lightroom mobile and syncing to it.. This has happened 3 times today. To be clear it is Lightroom that is locked up. Why?

MDE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

If you paid for a LR 6 serial number then on the trial-screen there should be a button to license this software and you can enter the serial number in there. If this is an upgrade to LR 5 or previous LR version, then you’ll also need that older version’s serial number unless LR can find the licensing info on the computer LR 6 is installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Further to this, I cannot use my standalone Lightroom as the my Lightroom CC trial has run out. I have too sign in to use the software I have paid for. Why? This is a pretty good way of convincing me not to use Lightroom.

MDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a consequence of upgrading to Lightroom 6.10.1 from 6.8.

Luckily I have have system backups!

MDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you paid for a LR 6 serial number then on the trial-screen there should be a button to license this software and you can enter the serial number in there. If this is an upgrade to LR 5 or previous LR version, then you’ll also need that older version’s serial number unless LR can find the licensing info on the computer LR 6 is installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Thanks for your reply

It seems that a trial for Lightroom CC has expired, not a trial for Lighroom 6, which was paid for in 2015.

I was running 6.8 and upgraded to 6.10.1. For some reason this brought up the CC trial and then locked up Lightroom until I signed in. There also seemed to be as insistence to sync to Lightroom Mobile.

I had a system backup and have reverted to that.

I have some ominous feelings about there never being another Lightroom standalone.

MDE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines