Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stolen machine == stolen software

Guide ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have had one of my development machines stolen. This machine was fully loaded with lots of versions of InDesign. Is there a way to stop the thief using the software.

P.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Hi,

I am not sure, but i think there is a way. Please Contact Customer Care​ so that they can suggest you what may be possible in this case.

As others said, deactivating CC from a machine is not a problem at all..

Do come back here once you talk to a customer care agent and let us all know if your issue was resolved.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is CC software, change your password so the thieve can only work at maximum of 30 days. Change all other passowrds immediately, as he might be able to read out them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's CC, you can log into your account from a different computer, go into Manage Account and deactivate CC on the other machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What SJRiegel said.

Remote Deactivation of CC devices does not seem to be common knowledge amongst CC members

adobe-cloud-remote-deactivation.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the comments about CC, unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do about the pre-CC versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system is the stolen machine running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

It is a mac mini. It is the pre CC versions I am most concerned about.

Thanks.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not sure, but i think there is a way. Please Contact Customer Care​ so that they can suggest you what may be possible in this case.

As others said, deactivating CC from a machine is not a problem at all..

Do come back here once you talk to a customer care agent and let us all know if your issue was resolved.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi P.

I think it's quite a common request, computers break, get stolen (sorry to hear about that) and people need there licenses back.

This applies pretty much to all software houses, I would of thought you got such request.

I once had a machine break on me and Adobe didn't give me any trouble about adding an activation.

It might however not stop the thief being able to use the software but at least it will allow you to.

Regards

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines