• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add-ons for Photoshop and other Apps

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 Pro desktop and Creative Cloud (current).  I have tried to download Add-ons such as PixelSquid and BrushGrid for Photoshop and Animator's Toolbar for Character Animator.

The message I get in the CC app is:  " (app) failed to install.  It requires escalated privileges......."

Could someone tell me what this means please - or where to find out what it means.  Then, if it means I have to acquire "escalated Privileges" - - how does one do that?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings MrYawrood,

To acquire "escalated privileges" means you have to watch out for the balloon pop-up on the bottom-right screen and click on it to enable and install the add-on.

I hope that answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO:  TheDocsterMan:  What would cause you to give me such an answer?  Of course there is NO balloon pop-up on the bottom-right screen !  I tried installing another --  "LipSync" -- just to make sure and got exactly the same message.  Isn't there anyone out there who could actually help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nstallation failed, escalated privileges required when trying to add an extension..says I need admin priviledges but I have that. it installed once but I had to uninstall and now I get this every time..rebooted, relogged, uninstalled and reinstalled...tried all that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines