• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom upgrade- [How to find old serial number?]

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to upgrade from Lightroom 5, which I got in an earlier version together with a camera, to Lightroom 6. I am being asked the serial number, but my Lightroom 5 - when I look under help/serial number - hides the last 4 digits. Anybody have an idea how I find out what my old serial number is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find your serial number

Also, may I recommend that you store your serial numbers (not just Lightroom but all software) somewhere where you can find them again, so that you are never again in the situation where you don't know your serial numbers ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be useful advice if there were something visible to store. However, I downloaded the earlier version - probably LR 3 or 4 - years ago and have since then upgraded online without being asked or given a serial number.

Best

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! That worked! (On Mac.) Last four xxxx-ed out digits are now shown. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, when entering the now full number I get the error message that it is invalid. I think something is wrong with the download package because I also cannot install it as a trial version, I then als get an error message about the serial number not matching. I will call customer support tomorrow. Thanks for the effort though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "However, when entering the now full number I get the error message that it is invalid. I think something is wrong with the download package because I also cannot install it as a trial version, I then als get an error message about the serial number not matching. I will call customer support tomorrow. Thanks for the effort though."

Hints;

a. There is no trial version for the standalone version LR 6. there is only a trial for the Creative Cloud package.

b. You have to use the Upgrade key first then you should be prompted for the previous version key.

c. Prior versions of Lightroom up to version 5 did not require a registration/ login on line for your  application you just had to enter your license key. With the advent of Lightroom CC and LR 6.x you now have to have the product activated online and this is required for each update. You are allowed to have two active installations. This was not "policed" by Adobe for the earlier versions but is now closely regulated through your Adobe account.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your suggestion, but I did try the upgrade first, and then I got the error message invalid serial number even after using Product Key Finder. And the download offers two options, trial and upgrade (maybe it shouldn't, but it does), and my impression was that trial would not require a previous Installation. So I tried trial after being unsuccess with upgrade, but also no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Lightroom Creative Cloud is the same application as Lightroom 6.x, if you have the trial version installed go to the link below for info on changing it to the Licensed version.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is not working for me. I have LR 5.7 installed on my PC and this upgrade process doesn't accept the serial number of LR 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mac Product Key finder was the solution after all. I made a mistake yesterday because in my enthusiasm about the serial number having been found I entered the LR 5-number when I should have entered the new LR 6 serial number. Found that out through talking to telephone support this morning and then it worked. However, what I hoped LR 6 would do it does not, namely read .IIQ files from a new Phase One IQ 150 back. Hope there will be an update in the near future which will be able to read that format. Thanks to everybody who was helpful, especially John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

christiankchristian  wrote

However, what I hoped LR 6 would do it does not, namely read .IIQ files from a new Phase One IQ 150 back.

The IQ 150 has been supported since Lightroom 6.4.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Make sure that you've updated Lightroom to the current version 6.10.1 (free update). Since you've just re-installed, you may still be running the original release 6.0 which is now out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked "Check for updates" and it told me it was up to date. However, thanks for the information, I will check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't rely on the update check inside Lightroom. It's proven to be notoriously flaky.

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info. Which version is shown?

You can update manually by downloading from

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at the Mac now but instead at my day job. I will check that once I am back tonight and report the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay! Worked and recognized the file format! Many thanks again! Adobe ought to pay you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the earlier version - probably LR 3 or 4 - years ago and have since then upgraded online without being asked or given a serial number.

Impossible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines