• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile - Photos from Camera (not iPhone) to LR Mobile

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to be traveling to Europe in the fall. I am concerned about the laptop travel ban so I am only planning to take my iPad. I am trying to develop a good workflow for getting my raw files from the camera card into LR Mobile. I purchased a WD My Passport Wireless Pro which is working perfectly. I can insert the camera card into the slot on the Pro and it copies the photos over. The Wireless Pro does not allow me to copy them directly to the iPad so I copied them to my Creative Cloud account. All is well to this point. My problem arises when I try to get them into LR. LR only loads photos that are stored on my iPad. Is there a way to access the photos in my CC account from LR mobile? I can do it one photo at a time by copying the photo, but it takes time to copy and render and it's hard to keep track of which photos I have copied. I may shoot 50 to 100 photos a day and that process is cumbersome.

Thanks for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

I'm not sure that photos stored in your general Creative Cloud account are accessible from Lightroom mobile. However, you can upload or drag/drop photos on to your 'Lightroom web' page and these will then sync back to Lightroom on your desktop and iPad (assuming you have internet access). Unfortunately, Adobe have been particularly good at telling customers about this option. So, here's a link to a page that explains what it is and how to access it Learn to use Lightroom on the web Hopefully, it

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that photos stored in your general Creative Cloud account are accessible from Lightroom mobile. However, you can upload or drag/drop photos on to your 'Lightroom web' page and these will then sync back to Lightroom on your desktop and iPad (assuming you have internet access). Unfortunately, Adobe have been particularly good at telling customers about this option. So, here's a link to a page that explains what it is and how to access it Learn to use Lightroom on the web Hopefully, it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative solution would be the Apple camera adapter kit or card reader

Lightning to USB Camera Adapter - Apple

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader — Apple - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other option would be to buy an Apple Camera Connection Kit to import from your SD card onto the iPad.

I did read a thread, that may help, on the LR Mobile forum that mentioned an iOS WD App, although I think it had it’s limitations…………

Using an external drive

Found this an interesting thread, regarding a travel workflow, but may be a little outdated.....

A RAW workflow on the iPad - my initial impressions

As Ian said photos aren't stored in your Creative Cloud account and also the use of Lightroom Web is a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines