• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Animate be ever be "all-in-one" like Flash was??

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we were all making swf files in flash - you could do the graphics, the tweens, etc - THEN.. write the actionscript code in the fla file - making it so easy to test and debug, everything was done in flash.

Now we are making html5/canvas games/apps - we can do all the graphics, etc in animate - but then we have to do the main coding in other software.

Will we we ever get code hinting writing JavaScript in Animate - so we can test and debug from animate all in one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Did you know, that's exactly how it works? Just do JavaScript coding in the timeline Actions panel. You get code hinting for anything that CreateJS can do. There's also Code Snippets specifically for HTML5 Canvas, to get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you know, that's exactly how it works? Just do JavaScript coding in the timeline Actions panel. You get code hinting for anything that CreateJS can do. There's also Code Snippets specifically for HTML5 Canvas, to get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin - I thought you had to comment out the js code you put in the timeline?

Maybe i have missed a big update somewhere??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is how it was with Flash Pro CS6, and using the Toolkit extension. Several versions ago it was integrated, and you don't need the commenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn!

Ive not really been keeping up with developments! I started with cs6 - and read how to do it then - and just stuck to that way. Writing my code in dreamweaver!!

i need to take another look - Im actually looking forward to getting to the office tomorrow now to try it. Hehee.

Thanka for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's been this way for like... four years now? CreateJS was fully integrated into Flash even before the name change, so Animate has literally always been "all-in-one".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines