• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Hard Drive Setup for Hybrid Drives, SSD, HD RAID:

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to set up a rig for Premiere and After Effects with these components:

3  2TB Firecuda HDD "Hybrids"

1 SSD (C drive, almost full with OS and apps)

3 1TB 7200 HDD (which would be in a RAID 0 probably) - backed up with an external drive

600GB Velociraptor 10,000 - which I may or may not use - not sure how this stacks up to the hybrids

I haven't found any advice on the forums about how to set up these hybrid drives, where they fit into the picture

I found this setup in the forums:

C: SSD for OS & programs.

D: ____ for media and projects (because of the size of the media and frequent changes in projects).

E: ____ for static page-file and exports.

F: ____ for media cache and previews, although a HDD may give you better life expectancy but also slower performance.

I have four 3gb SATAs, and three 6gb SATAs free

I appreciate the help, I know that there is probably a thread for each user's specific setup.  Thank you

[Moderator note: moved to best forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do not use those hybrid drives for anything Adobe Premiere the cache is great for small frequently accessed files but for large video files like your media you just need high sequential speeds, i.e. SSD's.  RAID 0 does increase the speeds but it also increases your risk

Use your hard disk drives for backup and archiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines