• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Sketch color picker glitch?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a problem in PS Sketch in which I am not able to see my color picker (the thing that usually looks like this https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/mobile-apps/how-to/digital-painting-drawing-photoshop-sketch/_jcr_content... ) I wanted to add color to one of my Works in Progress and it didn't seem to want to open, and instead showed a panel of recently used colors, which was useless. Themes were also quite problematic because only a few colors are available.

I am not sure how this occurred. But I can't seem to find a solution.

Hopefully someone here knows what I'm talking about, otherwise, the app has basically been rendered useless to me 😕

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sage.

I suspect it's not a glitch so much as it is that you just don't have the correct section of the color menu highlighted.

5418-digital-painting-drawing-photoshop-sketch-fig5a.jpg

There are three tabs across the top: Picker (where the wheel is), Themes (I think this is what you might have selected right now), and My Library (which is your personal color themes from your library). Make sure Picker is selected.

There is also a dropdown menu: In the image you sent, "Wheel" is selected. If you press and hold on that, there's also RGB and History. Just make sure Wheel is selected.

Double-check those and let me know what you see on your device.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_2017-07-14-19-12-16.png

^ this is what I am seeing, zero color picker, it is not user error.

Edit: also this question is apparently "assumed answered" It is not* answered, my problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sage.

You're right that's definitely some sort of bug. That's very strange. I've not seen that before. This looks like the Android version of Sketch. Is it? If so, what device are you on? And what happens when you tap Clear?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is android and nothing happens, it just clears whatever pre-selected colors I was using that appear there for some odd reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sage.

This is definitely is not a bug I've seen or heard of. I won't be able to talk to the product team until Monday morning now. But, there's a new beta version (v1.2) of Sketch for Android with some bug fixes and a couple of new features. Are you up for installing that and seeing if it resolves the issue?

If you are, you can get it by joining our Adobe Android Apps - Google+  page and following the instructions on this post: https://plus.google.com/101146399386092670308/posts/XgUAK8VuCa7 (you won't be able to see the post until you join the group).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that seems worth a try! and for sure, that makes sense, hopefully, it's only a problem with my device lol.

And thank you. I recently did send a bug report so maybe that may also help diagnose what's going on, but didn't include commentary. Not sure if you're able to see those individually! But yes, I will join and see if this fixes my problem. Will post either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sage.

I just approved you. Let me know what happens. If it doesn't work I want to send a note to the team this evening so they'll see it first thing when they get in Monday (they're really responsive with these sorts of things).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright sweet! I'll let you know once I get the update (said it could take two hours to arrive) Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sage.

It should show up pretty quick in the PlayStore on your device but definitely let me know... I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I waited until today and still haven't got the beta. But after uploading everything to the cloud and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, it is apparently working now.

Still like the idea of beta testing though so hopefully I can figure that out, but thank you very much! This was very helpful.

Best,

Robert Sage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot also to mention I am on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 version. ( Apologies!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert.

You know, it's funny, yesterday I was going to ask you to sign out and sign back in to Sketch (it ends up functioning as a sort of "shortened" version of uninstalling/reinstalling) but didn't because I know the beta has a couple of good new features snd figured you could just install that to check.

I most certainly figured you'd have the beta by now. I'm not sure why it hasn't shown up. Now that the app is working correctly again, on Monday I'll drop the product team a note to tell them about the color picker weirdness you experienced and ask them about the beta.

I'll let you know what I hear. Glad everything's working again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to update you, I did get the update, apparently, tried to rate the app (because I still think it's the best app for drawing on mobile thus far) and it said I couldn't because I was using a test version, so alls well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Robert.

Thanks for letting me know. That beta has a super important feature: If you accidentally delete a project it will be archived instead of permanently deleted.

Glad everything's working.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines