• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Class Definition is not saving

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm taking a class and we're using Animate CC, and I am in need of help. We are supposed to create a new symbol for a timer in a game.

I successfully created it, and am now adding the code. It instructs to right click the timer in the library, go to properties, and click edit class definition.

When I add the code we are supposed to add, I am supposed to save it, so I do that and save the .as file.

To make sure it works, the only code we're supposed to add is a trace code that will say a message in the output menu.

When I run it though, it does not give a message.

So I reopen the code, doing the same thing...properties...edit class definition.

The code is reverted to the previous code and my code is not saved anywhere.

How am I suppose to solve this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

The code that is in .as files is external. Doing a save of the FLA won't do a save of the .as code. Either remember to do a save after changing the .as code, or you could use the File menu Save All option.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The code that is in .as files is external. Doing a save of the FLA won't do a save of the .as code. Either remember to do a save after changing the .as code, or you could use the File menu Save All option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines