• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment issue - not aligning?

Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image I have brought in from Illustrator and I am trying to align two white shapes (see below). I am trying to align the right shape to the same height as the shape on the left. However, the shape that is out of sync will not snap to the same height as the correctly placed shape. It either places it just above or just below, frustrating. I have checked grids and I am not snapping to grid. I have tried Align Top and I tried holding down the Command key as I moved it but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 09.43.39.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-14 at 09.44.17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

I found a work-around by reposting as I needed to crack on with the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off the border and forcing alignment? It's hard to see what's going on without seeing the property inspector as well.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elaine

It wasn't a border but a plan outline on another layer.

The white squares have no outline.

In the end I copied and pasted back in and it worked but the align didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeating Elaine's request for a screenshot with the property inspector to better understand what's going on.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work-around by reposting as I needed to crack on with the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more details about your workaround solution for the benefit of other users, and for our investigation?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Preran

I had designed a floor plan (below) whereby the room interiors were separate graphics from the walls (so they can be turned into individual buttons by my programming team).

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 14.56.18.png

One room interior shape had misaligned at some point after pasting in from Illustrator and would not realign up to the wall (as shown in the graphics at the top of this thread).

My workaround was that I re-pasted the section from Illustrator.

This did not shed light on the issue with not re-aligning, but was a solution to what I need to achieve at that time.

Hope that makes more sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines