Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash installed but cannot open PDFs

Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got installed adobe flash player on my laptop as you can see on one of the images below. But every time I want to open one of my PDF files, I get the error message on the image just below. I have tried uninstalling and installing Adobe Flash player but it didn't work. I have a Lenovo Yoga 510 laptop and it has windows 10.

IMG_0768.JPGIMG_0769.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Adobe Flash Player isn't used to open PDF files.  You'll need either Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to open PDF files.  Based on your screenshot you do not have either installed.  To install Adobe Reader, go to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly is the problem you are facing? Trying to open a .pdf file?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi divya-1993, yes, I cannot open my PDF files and I keep getting the same error message:( "Windows cannot find 'C:.....Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again"). As I said, Adobe flash player is installed on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player isn't used to open PDF files.  You'll need either Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to open PDF files.  Based on your screenshot you do not have either installed.  To install Adobe Reader, go to Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi m-vargas, I have been able to open PDFs fine until now. I noticed windows 10 did some updates last week and after that, that's when the problem started with my PDFs. Has there been any changes with Adobe?? Thanks for your reply, I'll download the Adobe Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines