Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5 support for Canon M5

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have licenced copies of Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5. I have just bought a Canon M5, and cannot open my raw files in either program.

I have read help files implying that I should be able to update CameraRaw/DNG plug-ins, and have tried to do so, with various versions of the plugin. The downloads seem to work and install, but still neither product opens the raw files.

Is it possible to update raw in either. From what I have been reading it looks like I will need to update LightRoom, but I would have hoped I could update CS5 ?

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

You will need newer versions of both LR and PS that support that camera or you can use the current version of the free DNG converter program to convert the native RAW files to DNG files and then they will import into LR and open in ACR>PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need newer versions of both LR and PS that support that camera or you can use the current version of the free DNG converter program to convert the native RAW files to DNG files and then they will import into LR and open in ACR>PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess if the DNG converter handles batch mode, I could do a whole batch at a time. Sounds like I should just bite the bullet and buy them anyway. Thanks very much for your help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can buy the stand alone version of LR, LR 6, but to get the newer version of PS you have to get a subscription. The most cost effective is the Photographers plan that cost $9.99 (US) a month and auto renews at the start of a new year. This plan includes both LR and PS. All in all IMHO it isn't that bad a deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes the DNG converter work on Folders and converts every RAW file in the folder selected to a DNG file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that's good to know, and an easy first step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded DNG converter 9_10_1, which I think is the latest.

Watched the unpacking messages, and pretty sure I saw one for the Canon M5 on there.

Ran the program 'Adobe DNG Converter.exe', pointed it to the folder where the CR2 files from the M5 are. The preferences are "Camera Raw 7.1 and later".

The program comes up with "No items match your search", and if I continue no images are produced.

Have I got the right version of the converter.

Thanks again, Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines