• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Map goes offline for 2 seconds after every map activity

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since some days I'm facing the problem, that the map module always goes offline for 2 seconds (switches to world map and shows map offline) after every map activity like zoom of move. After 2 seconds it swithes back to the correct map view and works again.

This is very annoying and makes continous work impossible.

Regarding my internet connection: I have a stable 20 MBit download connection, and I also tried to use a cell phone LTE hotspot for testing, but with the same result.

I'm using the latest version of Lightroom CC and have the same problem on my second PC (both with Windows 10).

I would be very greatful for any help.

BR Manfred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Map is offline message for a brief time :

Adobe has acknowledged this problem and is looking into it. Please add your me-too vote and details of your configuration (do Help > System Info to get precise version of LR and Windows/Mac) to the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline" when it's not | Photoshop Family Customer Communi... . That will help Adobe understand the scope of the problem, and you'll get notified as soon as the status of the bug changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem on a MacBook Pro running the latest version of Lightroom and the latest version of Sierra. It just started a day or two ago. I have never had this problem before in the years I have used Lightroom. What is going on? It is intensely annoying making the map module useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. For me it only appears to have started with the last update via CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. macOS Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue - if it makes sense please ask for further informantion!

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John already said, this is a known issue and will be solved in the next release.

Nothing more to say ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John specifically requested to "please add your me-too vote", and definitely did not say that it would be solved in the next release. Great if it will be! (The linked photoshop.com issue has an even longer thread and ~200 me-toos, but no apparent news of an imminent fix.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An officially acknowledged issue (usually ) will be fixed.

The idea of adding a vote is to maybe speed up things at Adobe.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC2015.12/6.12 has been released and should address this issue.  Please update your Lightroom to the latest version and let us know if you continue to see the issue. Thank you for your patience.

See Lightroom CC 2015.12 now available

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear where to click "Correct" as your email mentions, but be advised that the map module is working correctly with the latest update! Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.7 and suffer the same problem - and Adobe Customer Support has told me to follow your instructions on the forum.  My version is completely up-to-date so I don't know what I am supposed to do.  Can you help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5 is now unsupported, and Adobe almost certainly won't issue an update to LR 5 (or earlier) for the change Google made to its map servers.  Your only option is to upgrade to LR CC 2015 / LR 6.   See this thread for more discussion: Re: Lightroom: Map module keeps flashing "map offline"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same problem, reported back in 2017, is now appearing in the lastest Lightroom release as of this date (3/15/2020).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines