• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC 2017 - 2017.5 build 9878 - node.exe killing my system

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using windows 8. Ever since I downloaded 2017.5 I have one major and one minor issue that ultimately make DW unusable.

1) Starting dreamweaver creates a node.exe process which *kills* my high-end system for several minutes. I can't do anything on the system for several minutes after opening dreamweaver

2) Alt-tabbing into dreamweaver now has a few seconds of delay every time. So if you work flow is "Edit, save, alt-tab, refresh, alt-tab back to DW" You end up waiting several seconds waiting for DW each time you alt-tab into it. This seems related to the git integration - I use git on every project I work on, but I wish I could disable that integration if it means DW is going to studder and pause for between 300 and 2000ms every time I alt tab into it.

The work around I've found is to close DW, kill all node.exe proceses, and rename "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017\node" to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017\node_disabled".

I've done some basic process analysis of what node.exe is trying to do and it doesn't appear to be obvious. I see lots of reads into DW's files and lots of registry key reads - nothing seems specific to my set of working files.

I'm not sure what all I'll lose by renaming that node folder, but waiting several minutes for DW to load while my system is unusable is pretty much a deal-killer for me and I'll be moving on if I can't find a solution.

Anyone have any fixes for this issue?  I've noticed other people have posted similar issues on youtube (Dreamweaver CC 2017 process "node" high CPU usage from startup - YouTube ) and other things in forums about this. How we can disable whatever features is causing the node process to runaway?

Thirdly, this is more of a rant, when are they going to restore "wrapping" functionality for snippets and hot-keys for snippets.  Removing those features impacted me quite a bit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on macbook pro. I followed the previous (unresolved) thread to get here, and I see there's still no fix. I am having the same issue with 2017.5 build 9878.

The problem starts just after I launch Dreamweaver, and continues even if I close the program. I have to completely reboot to solve the issue. I have renamed the node and it doesn't help.

They need to fix this, it's burning up my mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't seen much of this issue at our end. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true, this has been in discussion for some time now with no resolve in site

Dreamweaver CC 2017 process "node" high CPU usage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello k1n6,

Can you please help us with the below information. It will help us in further investigating the issue.

1. OS version of your system.

2. Is the local site folder in site setup window pointing to a remote location or to a mapped network drive.

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 9.35.31 AM.png

3. Is the local site associated with a Git repository.

4. Does the issue persist if you select a different site in Files panel and relaunch DW.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines