• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC (2017): Missing Text and Pages (?)

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been experiencing this strange glitch (which stays when exporting to PDF). The only fix I've found is to export as an IDML and open.

(1) Missing text box (and text), with correct text on pages before and after. Text is missing when exported, but the PDF has the footer and folio.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.06.35 AM.png

(2) Missing page. Pages is blank in PDF (no running foot or folio).

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.06.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-17 at 11.05.47 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting your InDesign preferences? Obviously, this is not normal behavior for the program so try deleting preferences before possibly reinstalling InDesign.

To delete preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With InDesign closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe InDesign” and “com.adobe.InDesign.plist”. When InDesign is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching InDesign and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this a couple times, too. For me, it's always been with flowed text, usually with relatively complicated formatting or content (tables, etc.) Whatever causes it for me, I've usually be able to nix the voodoo just by resizing a textblock which forces the text to re-flow. Then I either put it back or undo to get the layout back to how it was before.

Might be a completely different issue for you, but the fix is easy enough that you might want to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a keyboard shortcut to force the text to reflow (Recompose All Stories)

Cmd Opt /

(or for Windows users who see this later: Ctrl Alt /)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines