• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENT: Is it possible to import RH 4 Word topics to RH HTML?

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2008 Oct 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I saw a string about this on the forum awhile back but cannot locate it now. We need to add a lot of content from an RH for Word Help project to an HTML Help project. Specifically, topics with images and hotspots. Is it possible to import these topics as is, or will we need to recreate them in RH HTML?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It might be lots easier if you have created a .CHM from the file. You could then decompile it and import the topics there.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

First, thanks for the speedy reply! That makes sense! So...How do I create a .CHM from the old RH4Word project? Can I just open the project in RH HTML and compile it there? Then, how do I decompile and import the topics?

This probably sounds like elementary RH. I have worked in RH off and on for years, but there are so many things I still don't know.

Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening the old project in HTML, with all the default settings on the wizard, and it hangs partway through. If it's possible, what do I need to set differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to create a CHM by opening the old RH4 Word project and compiling from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Okay, I'll try that.

Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened the project in RH4 Word and tried to generate it as a Microsoft HTML project. It got partway through the process and then froze. I used the defaults: Create subfolders based on source document names, Create image subfolder, External style sheet (one for each source doc), Image Scrools with Text, Smart Popups, Individual HTML files, GIF Images, HTML bullets and numbering, Link to external HTML Help topic, Create Compiled CHM file only, Add keywords to Index file (HHK). Should I use different defaults? What might cause problems compiling?

Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lacona

What happens if you open RoboHelp HTML and attempt to create a new project based on the HPJ of the RoboHelp for Word project?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Rick!

Sadly, it freezes when I try to open the .hpj file into a new HTML project. Again, could it be the default settings? I just compiled the files in RH4 Word with no problem before trying to compile HTML in RH4 Word and trying to open the .hpj file in HTML. Any other suggestions?

Lacona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp