• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign kearning options grayed out

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My kearning options in InDesign are grayed out. Have tried with several different documents...grayed out on all documents. Any ideas? Google search hasn't returned any results for this issue. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Kerning is different than tracking. It only changes the spacing between a pair of characters. You do this by placing a cursor between the two characters.

Tracking affects the overall spacing for a range of characters. You make a selection of characters.

What you're seeing indicates you have selected a range of characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kerning is different than tracking. It only changes the spacing between a pair of characters. You do this by placing a cursor between the two characters.

Tracking affects the overall spacing for a range of characters. You make a selection of characters.

What you're seeing indicates you have selected a range of characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, Steve. I was selecting the letters rather than placing the cursor between them. I'll chalk it up to Monday! Appreciate your quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines