• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest After Effects CC 2017 Offset changed / Is not working

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all - I noticed that in the latest After Effects (and Premier) that when using the Offset effect with scaling, scaling (or zooming) does not use the center point as the anchor point. It has moved to the top left corner of the footage.

To test, 1.) grab any footage 2.) add offset to the clip 3.) set a keyframe with scaling 100% 4.) set another keyframe later with scaling 200%

You'll notice that it zooms to the top left corner. In the previous version, it would zoom to the center of the footage. I noticed because I had saved a preset animation that used to work perfectly, but after the update, stopped working. The effect is described in this video (Sam Kolder smooth ZOOM transition tutorial (free) - YouTube )

Finally, when I render out an AE comp with Offset enabled, Media Encoder fails to encode with the following error.

------------------------------------------------------------

- Encoding Time: 00:04:51

07/17/2017 06:09:53 AM : Encoding Failed

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Accelerated Renderer Error

Unable to produce frame.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: /Volumes/Macintosh HD/Users/..........

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 00:00:08:03 - 00:00:08:06

Rendering at offset: 7.641 seconds

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: -1609629695

It seems like something got hosed with the Offset effect in the latest release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Nevermind. Found it. Now the anchor point seems to work like it did before. I will try to render shortly. Just curious, why would it interpret the effect differently based on GPU vs CPU? Seems like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the latest version, offset is supported for acceleration through the GPU. check your project settings and change it to "software only" and see if it renders successfully this time. other than that, I check with the steps you provided and see the offset works the same as it did in previous version i.e it set and zoomed at the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. How do I change that setting in AE and PR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you only need to change (if that's what causing the render failure) in Ae.

file->project settings. change it to software only if it's not set to that.

if it renders successfully, this means your GPU failed on rendering this effect. might try to update your driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. Found it. Now the anchor point seems to work like it did before. I will try to render shortly. Just curious, why would it interpret the effect differently based on GPU vs CPU? Seems like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
why would it interpret the effect differently based on GPU vs CPU? Seems like a bug.

I cannot reproduce this in my system. clearly something is wrong with rendering this effect on GPU in your system. this means the effects renders improperly or not at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines