• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Video tool

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for some general advice about which Adobe product would be best for my project. I've used Adobe for years and and know there must be an easy way to accomplish my goals using one of the tools- I'm hoping someone with experience can give me some tips.

I'm trying to build an interactive video with chapters. Not timeline markers, but actual graphic chapters visible to the left of the video. Do I take the coding route with Dreamweaver or muse or something, or does Captivate offer this ability (not part of creative cloud I realize). I considered using Animate but don't think it can handle the video as well, and it seems that Premier does not offer this ability. Looking for any ideas about the best way to approach this.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Interesting question.  The first thing that came to mind was the Lynda.com video tutorial format.  Basically chapters on the left (although not graphic ) which lead to separate videos within the workshop series.   But I think you want more than that.

Possibly doable in Acrobat Pro which supports video and chapter points.  See link below for details.

Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate using the html5 canvas may be able to handle this, if it has been updated to recognise the cursor position which would enable you to control the video, (probably best to ask in the Animate forum).

You could also program this yourself in Dw, but again i do not know if the javascript code hinting for the api is supported.

How it would work is by inserting your video and chapter 'menu' inside the canvas element, then getting the cursor position using the canvas api from the canvas element. All work with the canvas element is done using javascript, so doing this in Dw or Animate would require a good working knowledge of it. Animate uses a js abstraction program to work with the canvas element, so a knowledge of how one works with that would be necessary.

It is worth noting though that this is certainly not a begginer project no matter which program you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting question.  The first thing that came to mind was the Lynda.com video tutorial format.  Basically chapters on the left (although not graphic ) which lead to separate videos within the workshop series.   But I think you want more than that.

Possibly doable in Acrobat Pro which supports video and chapter points.  See link below for details.

Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines