• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing plug in after LR update

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a focus point plug in, in LR after my update to LR a few weeks ago it is now missing.

I went to finder and it was under download so i drug it to my desk top opened LR, manager and added it BUT when i close LR is dissapears when opened again.

I originally got it from here.  Show Focus Points Plugin for Lightroom   http://www.lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/

I then tried to re-down load it and when i do and try to load it into LR it tries to import a few pics into my library?!

so that don't work for some reason!

Can anyone help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

In the plugin manager you have to Browse to where the plugin is stored on your hard drive. Open the plugin manager and then click  Add. You will get a Finder type window where you select the drive and folder the plugin is stored. Once you do that you can not move the plugin from that folder. If you did that with the plugin on your desktop you have to do the Add again and browse to the folder it is now stored in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bumping this back up to get an answer please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might contact the plugin author -- it's not clear from your description whether the problem is specific to that plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but he never responded to me.

When i found it in my finder and drug it to the desktop to reinstall it to lr, if i leave it on my desktop it will stay in lr but if i put it back in finder it disappears from lr. do you know why it would do that? I dont want it on my desk top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7865436  wrote

I then tried to re-down load it and when i do and try to load it into LR it tries to import a few pics into my library?!

so that don't work for some reason!

This sounds like you are trying to install the plugin by double clicking it. You don't install it this way - you use the menu File > Plugin Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John thanks,  i did use the plug in manager but i had to put it on my desktop to find it. It did not show up in the plug in manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the plugin manager you have to Browse to where the plugin is stored on your hard drive. Open the plugin manager and then click  Add. You will get a Finder type window where you select the drive and folder the plugin is stored. Once you do that you can not move the plugin from that folder. If you did that with the plugin on your desktop you have to do the Add again and browse to the folder it is now stored in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines