Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certificate and Appearance Preferences > Appearances > Imported Graphic Fails

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried with multiple machines now on Windows 8.1 and Mac OS El Capitan with the latest version of Adobe Reader to get an imported graphic to appear for a digital signature to appear and have not been successful. 

The process I am taking is just to create a new Signature Appearance via  "Edit > Preferences > Signatures > Creation & Appearance - More ... > Appearances - New ... > Imported Graphic from - File.  When I try to add any type of image or pdf file it neither shows up in the preview box on the Certificate and Appearance Preferences box or when I save it and try to use in a document (in print or preview mode).  I have tried png, pdf, jpg, and bmp formats with various different image ratios (50 px by 50 px, 1000 px by 1000 px, and 1000 px by 100 px).

Am I missing something fundamentally wrong here like a configuration or check box?  I tried many combinations of the "Configure Text" and "Text Properties" but nothing will get any image on windows or mac to show up for me?

Here are my exact adobe versions:

Windows 8.1  -> Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, 2017 Release | Version 2017.009.20044 | Version File Version: 17.009.20044.25828 | AGM Version 4.030.00069

Mac OS El Capitan ->

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 17.9.20044.222436

AGM: 4.30.69

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.38123

Any help is much appreciated,

Tony

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Hi Tony,

Would you try the steps mentioned in this document: Custom Signature Appearances — Digital Signatures Guide for IT , It should help.

If you already have found a solution to this issue, please update this thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tony,

Would you try the steps mentioned in this document: Custom Signature Appearances — Digital Signatures Guide for IT , It should help.

If you already have found a solution to this issue, please update this thread with your findings that will help others.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines